Self-Assessments, Substance Abuse Worksheets, Mental Health Group Activities, Exercises and Educational Handouts
The Substance Abuse and Recovery Workbook contains self-assessments, substance abuse worksheets, exploratory mental health group activities, reflective journaling exercises and educational handouts—all reproducible—to help participants discover their habitual and ineffective methods of managing substance abuse, and to explore new ways for bringing about healing.
The book contains five sections:
• Substance abuse helps individuals to determine the level of their addiction.
• Addictive personality helps individuals examine personality traits that predispose them to various addictions.
• Codependency characteristics helps individuals measure how well they fulfill the normal responsibilities of adult life, how they can identify their feelings of inadequacy, and leads them to explore things that are lacking in their life.
• Relapse warning signs helps individuals identify the changes in thinking, feeling, and behavior that accompany relapse.
• Substance abuse cessation helps individuals get a clearer picture of the excuses they may be using to continue their abuse of substances.
An excellent resource for mental health group activities, including substance abuse worksheets
Addictions come in many shapes and forms. The assessments, substance abuse worksheets, and mental health group activities help participants deal with a wide variety of addictions including:
• Drug and alcohol
• Tobacco products
• And more
There are many other types of addictions including sexual, eating, and shopping, to name a few. Although The Substance Abuse and Recovery Workbook is geared toward people suffering from substance abuse issues, many of the pages might be applicable to populations suffering from some of the other addictions.
This workbook is also available in PDF eBook format, making it simple to store on your computer or mobile device, and to access with a PDF viewer. The PDF format also allows you to easily print copies of the activities and worksheets during therapy and counseling sessions.
Substance Abuse & Recovery Card Deck
Need a creative way to start your session? Use the Substance Abuse & Recovery Card Deck. The open-ended questions will break the ice and stimulate conversation. Use them alone or in conjunction with the corresponding page in the book. These cards are well suited for mental health group activities.