Self-Assessments, Exercises and Educational Handouts
The Substance Abuse and Recovery Workbook contains self-assessments, exploratory activities, reflective journaling exercises and educational handouts—all reproducible—to help participants discover their habitual and ineffective methods of managing substance abuse, and to explore new ways for bringing about healing.
The book contains five sections:
• Substance abuse helps individuals to determine the level of their addiction.
• Addictive personality helps individuals examine personality traits that predispose them to various addictions.
• Codependency characteristics helps individuals measure how well they fulfill the normal responsibilities of adult life, how they can identify their feelings of inadequacy, and leads them to explore things that are lacking in their life.
• Relapse warning signs helps individuals identify the changes in thinking, feeling, and behavior that accompany relapse.
• Substance abuse cessation helps individuals get a clearer picture of the excuses they may be using to continue their abuse of substances.
Addictions come in many shapes and forms. The assessments and activities help participants deal with a wide variety of addictions including:
• Drug and alcohol
• Tobacco products
• And more
There are many other types of addictions including sexual, eating, and shopping, to name a few. Although The Substance Abuse and Recovery Workbook is geared toward people suffering from substance abuse issues, many of the pages might be applicable to populations suffering from some of the other addictions.