Structured Exercises for Exploring: Divorce, Balancing Work and Family, Family Problems, Solo Parenting, Boundaries, Intimacy, Stepfamilies
Twenty-five 30–60 minute structured exercises combine the knowledge of 18 marriage and family experts with practical learning activities to help you move individuals, couples, children, and families toward positive change, whether you’re a clinical therapist or volunteer group leader.
Regardless of your expertise in addressing family problems, Working with Groups on Family Issues gives you the tools to focus on strengths instead of dysfunction as you explore family dynamics in a sensitive, informative way. Practical techniques combined with the clinical experience of the contributors help you teach couples, families, and individuals how to:
• Identify family patterns and set relationship boundaries
• Assess family health and develop positive relationships
• Break out of unhealthy relationship patterns, cope with family stress, and forgive past hurts
• Sort out issues of gender, money, and power, build a shared vision, and prevent family dynamics from getting in the way at work
Easy-to-use format with everything you need to work with families, lead a support group, make a presentation, conduct a workshop, or develop a program.
• 24 field-tested exercises to fit your audience and schedule
• Step-by-step instructions for each exercise, complete with presentation notes, group activities, and variations for exploring family issues in greater depth
• Reproducible worksheet masters are available on a CD, ready to print
• Chalk talk information to help spark reflection, discussions, and problem solving
• Resource section for expanding your knowledge about family issues
Also available: Reproducible Digital Worksheet Masters (PDF) (only available with purchase of book)