Life skills worksheets included
The life skills activities and life skills worksheets found in this book will assist the participant in developing many practical life skills. Life skills are actually more important than a person's intelligence quotient (IQ). They are those invaluable skills people use every day that, if used effectively, allow them to create the life they desire and to access the inner resources needed to succeed.
A person's life skills IQ is comprised of many types of intelligence including physical, mental, career, emotional, social, and spiritual intelligence. This book will help participants learn more about themselves and the competencies they possess in many life skills areas including:
• Problem-solving helps individuals understand how they attempt to solve problems, and provides instruction to enhance their problem-solving skills.
• Money management helps individuals identify their style in managing money, and provides instruction for effective money management.
• Time management helps individuals identify how effective they are at managing their time, and provides instruction for better time management.
• Personal change helps individuals indentify the changes they are experiencing in their lives, and provides instruction for managing change.
• Self-awareness helps individuals identify their level of self-awareness related to their emotions, self-confidence, and self-assessment.
Practical life skills activities and life skills worksheets
Each section serves as an avenue for individual self-reflection, as well as for group experiences revolving around identified topics of importance. Each assessment includes directions for easy administration, scoring, and interpretation. Also included are exploratory life skills activities, reflective journaling activities, life skills worksheets, and educational handouts to help participants discover their habitual effective and ineffective relationship skills. Finally, instruction is provided for enhancing participants most critical weaknesses when interacting with their partner.
This workbook is also available in PDF eBook format, making it simple to store on your computer or mobile device, and to access with a PDF viewer. The PDF format also allows you to easily print copies of the activities and worksheets during therapy and counseling sessions.
Practical Life Skills Card Deck
Need a creative way to start your session? Use the Practical Life Skills Card Deck. The open-ended questions will break the ice and stimulate conversation. Use them alone or in conjunction with the corresponding life skills worksheets and life skills activities found in the book.
How can the ability to effectively solve problems help you live a healthier and less stressful life?
What are the benefits of effective time management?
Ask the group, “What situations cause you stress?” Discuss the responses.