A Ready-to-Run Self-Esteem Workshop
Many of our customers have asked us for help putting together workshops on specific topics. We have assembled a group of ten ready-to-run topics from the materials in our seminal Structured Exercises in Stress Management and Structured Exercises in Wellness Promotion. Each has everything you need to present a successful, topic-focused, three-hour workshop including mini-lectures, handouts, and group activities. Don’t have three hours? We have included suggestions on how to cut the workshop back to an hour.
Life—It’s Worth Living will help you prepare quickly and efficiently for presentations on various aspects of self-esteem. The multi-part session is flexible, so you can select the activities most appropriate for your group. They include:
• Self-Esteem Pyramid helps participants build self-esteem by talking about their positive qualities with a growing number of people. (15-20 minutes)
• Self-Esteem Grid is an assessment of a key component of health. Participants affirm their extraordinary qualities, rank themselves on characteristics of high and low self-esteem, and make plans to boost their self-image. (45-50 minutes)
• Fourth Source of Stress points out the role that poor self-esteem plays in creating distress, and helps participants become aware of the power of positive self-esteem as a primary stress management tool. (45-60 minutes)
• Affirmation Calendar has participants fill a calendar with rich, positive statements about themselves, and then read these thoughts for daily affirmations in the coming months. (25-30 minutes)
• Megaphone is a peppy exercise where participants publically acclaim their personal wellness qualities. (5-10 minutes)
All of these activities are complete with variations to adapt them to your specific group or time frame. Each includes a complete list of materials needed and suggestions to make your workshop run smoothly and professionally.