Facilitator Reproducible Self-Assessments, Exercises, & Educational Handouts
To be able to reach personal and professional goals, self-esteem is critical. For teens, healthy self-esteem is even more critical, emotionally and physically. Self-esteem dictates how teens treat and feel about themselves and others, assert themselves, view and act in the world, and take care of their basic needs. Self-esteem is so important that research suggests that low self-esteem can be tied to many mental and physical health issues.
The Teen Self-Esteem Workbook is designed to help teens engage in self-reflection, examine their thoughts and feelings that either enhance or detract from healthy self-esteem, and learn effective tools and techniques for building feelings of self-esteem and self-worth.
The sections in this book include:
• Teen Self-Esteem helps teens explore their perceptions of themselves and feelings about themselves.
• Teen Self-Worth helps teens explore the extent to which they view themselves as valuable and worthy human beings.
• Teen Assertiveness helps teens explore how assertive they are in their asking for what they want and need.
• Teen Self-Understanding helps teens explore how aware they are of their personal characteristics and attitudes.
• Teen Self-Responsibility helps teens explore how much responsibility they assume for what happens in their lives.
Teen Self-Esteem includes a bonus section of enrichment activities.
The Teen Self-Esteem Workbook is designed to be used either independently or as part of an integrated curriculum. Assessments and journaling exercise may be used effectively with either individuals or with a group. The following tools are included in each section:
• Assessment instruments
• Activity handouts
• Reflective questions for journaling
• Educational handouts
Teen Self-Esteem Card Deck
Need a creative way to start your session? Use the Teen Self-Esteem Card Deck. The open-ended questions will break the ice and stimulate conversation. Use them alone or in conjunction with the corresponding page in the book.