A wellness workbook with self-assessments, exercises, and educational handouts
Each chapter in this wellness workbook includes a wellness scale
Wellness and health are interrelated, but distinct concepts. Health is considered free from disease. Wellness is much more complex. Optimum wellness balances five basic dimensions: physical, career, emotional, social, and spiritual. In this wellness workbook you will find a wellness scale in each chapter, and wellness worksheets that are printable and reproducible.
This wellness workbook contains five sections to help participants learn more about themselves and their lifestyles. It also includes a bonus section on life skills. The Wellness Lifestyle Workbook is filled with printable wellness worksheets and printable wellness scales for use by your participants. Participants will learn about a wellness lifestyle that promotes health and well-being by exploring:
• Coping with stress helps individuals identify their basic style for dealing with stress.
• Physical fitness helps individuals identify how well they are eating, are they getting plenty of relaxation, sleep, and are they exercising regularly in order to be able to cope effectively with stress.
• Creative leisure helps individuals explore their leisure interests and creative ways of implementing these interests in productive activities.
• Healthy relationships helps individuals determine whether they have developed a healthy intimate relationship with their partners and productive relationships with family members.
• Spiritual wellness helps individuals explore how spiritually well they currently are.
• Life skills helps individuals identify major strengths and weaknesses in the life skills they possess.
These sections, with the help of printable wellness worksheets, and a wellness scale in each chapter, serve as avenues for individual self-reflection, as well as for group experiences revolving around identified topics of importance. Each assessment includes directions for easy administration, scoring, and interpretation. Included are exploratory activities, reflective journaling activities, and educational handouts to help participants discover their habitual effective and ineffective methods of managing health and wellness and exploring new ways to bring about healing.
This workbook is also available in PDF eBook format, making it simple to store on your computer or mobile device, and to access with a PDF viewer. The PDF format also allows you to easily print copies of the activities and worksheets during therapy and counseling sessions.
Wellness Lifestyle Card Deck
Need a creative way to start your session? Use the Wellness Lifestyle Card Deck. The open-ended questions will break the ice and stimulate conversation. Use them alone or in conjunction with the corresponding page in the book.
How can you control stress by engaging in physical activities and exercises? What physical activities and exercises do you enjoy?
Ask this aloud, “What are the benefits of engaging in satisfying leisure activities?” Call on people who have a response.
Who would you like to forgive in your life? What is stopping you from doing so?