Activities for developing healthy relationships and preventing domestic violence
This book is ideal for social workers, psychologists, occupational therapists, health care providers, counselors, and educators interested in helping people develop healthy relations and address issues of relationship abuse. The reproducible worksheets will save money and time by providing ready-to-go materials created with the busy professional in mind.
The 50 activities in the book are divided into five sections:
• Evaluating Your Relationship
• Understanding Abuse
• Exploring Values
• Building Healthy Relationships
• Making Good Decisions
This workbook can be used in individual counseling sessions, educational settings, and psycho-educational or support groups. Although this workbook is certainly appropriate as a means of general education on relationships issues, it is primarily intended as a tool for engaging victims and perpetrators of domestic abuse, as well as people at risk of being either in the following tasks:
• Identifying the healthy and unhealthy characteristics of current and past relationships.
• Understanding the dynamics of emotional, physical, and sexual abuse in intimate relationships.
• Exploring and clarifying their own values, beliefs, and attitudes about gender roles and intimate relationships
• Becoming empowered to make positive, healthy decisions about current and future intimate relationships.
Each activity includes instructions and one or more reproducible worksheets designed to be used in groups or with individuals.