A Ready-to-Run Anger Management Workshop
Many of our customers have asked us for help putting together workshops on specific topics. We have assembled a group of ten ready-to-run topics from the materials in our seminal Structured Exercises in Stress Management and Structured Exercises in Wellness Promotion. Each has everything you need to present a successful, topic-focused, three-hour workshop including mini-lectures, handouts, and group activities. Don’t have three hours? We have included suggestions on how to cut the workshop back to an hour. Keep Your Cool will help you prepare quickly and efficiently for presentations on anger management. The multi-part session is flexible, so you can select the activities most appropriate to your group. They include:
• Quips and Quotes allows participants to introduce themselves using memorable quotations, then to join forces in trios to create tongue-in-cheek definitions of stress. (20-30 minutes)
• Sticks and Stones is a consciousness-raising exercise to help participants explore the universal potential for violence in relationships and the individual’s responsibility to choose nonviolent methods of problem solving. (50-60 minutes)
• Keep Your Cool is an action-oriented exercise where participants can practice skills for managing anger in provocative situations. (60-90 minutes with variation)
• Ten-Second Break teaches a ten-second breathing and auto-suggestion break that’s ideal for instant stress relief. (5 minutes)
• Remote Control is an empowering exercise where participants draw upon innate, natural skills to change their mood and direct their behavior. (20-30 minutes)
All of these activities are complete with variations to adapt them to your specific group or time frame. Each includes a complete list of materials needed and suggestions to make your workshop run smoothly and professionally.