A Ready-to-Run Conflict Management Workshop
Many of our customers have asked us for help putting together workshops on specific topics. We have assembled a group of ten ready-to-run topics from the materials in our seminal Structured Exercises in Stress Management and Structured Exercises in Wellness Promotion. Each has everything you need to present a successful, topic-focused, three-hour workshop including mini-lectures, handouts, and group activities. Don’t have three hours? We have included suggestions on how to cut the workshop back to an hour.
Creative Compromise will help you prepare quickly and efficiently for presentations on interpersonal conflicts. The multi-part session is flexible, so you can select the activities most appropriate for your group. They include:
• Tug of War is a game of strategy where participants pair up to explore alternative approaches to conflict. (5-10 minutes)
• Conflict Management is a thought-provoking learning experience where participants explore four conflict-prevention skills and experiment with applying them to specific conflict situations. (60 minutes)
• Hand Dancing helps even those who hate to dance love this playful, easy process for mimicking a partner’s hand movements to music. (10 minutes)
• Stop, Look, and Listen uses a do-it-yourself study guide, and trios of participants experiment with techniques to improve listening skills and explore applications of empathy as a stress management strategy. (60 minutes)
• Affirmative Action Plan is an attitude-changing exercise where participants draw up a plan for using affirmations to manage a workplace stressor. (40-50 minutes)
All of these activities are complete with variations to adapt them to your specific group or time frame. Each includes a complete list of materials needed and suggestions to make your workshop run smoothly and professionally.